Login to Complete an Application or to Access Judging Panel
NEW AQC APPLICANTS
AQC participants are REQUIRED to meet the following core criteria. Be sure to review all requirements before purchasing the application:
- Be an ABC Contractor Member.
- Been in business for a minimum of three years.
- Receive a minimum of two quality-based honors within the past five years.
- Receive a minimum of five completed by third parties.
- Demonstrate financial stability, per the company’s financial institution of choice.
- Bonded adequately for the scope of service provided.
- Maintain a company Quality Control Program.
- Have an Incident Rate at, or below, the industry standard average (STEP Gold or above THIS calendar year). Companies with fewer than 100 employees may use a three-year average.
- Maintain, and enforce the protocol of, a Corporate Safety Manual.
- Conduct jobsite hazard analyses before work commences.
- Maintain a written substance abuse program that includes a drug and alcohol screening process.
- Conduct a new employee safety orientation.
- Provide and conduct regular safety training.
- Publicly pledge a commitment to a drug-and alcohol-free workplace.
- Provide and require continuing craft training for all craft professionals (for companies that self-perform only).
- Regularly participate and/or encourage employees to participate in civic-oriented and community activities.
- Maintain an Equal Employment Opportunity policy.
- Maintain, and adhere to, a Harassment-free Workplace policy.
- Provide and require continuing management training.
View the full criteria and requirements.
View step-by-step instructions to create an account and complete the AQC application.
*RECOMMENDED FIRST STEPS FOR FIRST-TIME APPLICANTS*
- Gather contact information from five companies to provide recommendations. The forms will be sent automatically through the online portal and should be completed by a combination of client/owners, general contractors, construction managers, architects, subcontractors, tier subs, and/or suppliers/vendors. Each application is limited to only one subcontractor, supplier or vendor.
- Request a letter from your bank that states the length of the financial relationship and the strength of your company’s financial standing. This letter must be dated within six months of the application submission and does not require financial data.
- If bonded, request a letter from your bonding company that states your company’s bonding capacity is adequate for the scope of service provided. Skip to step 4 if your company is not bonded; additional information will be required in the application.
- Determine through which ABC chapters your company is applying. All AQC companies join through a primary ABC chapter and may include additional chapter branches with the credential. Note: your company MUST receive STEP Gold or above this year for ALL ABC chapters through which you are applying.
- Complete your STEP application and receive the verification email. You will be asked to upload the verification email (not the initial email at the completion of the application) or a certificate in your application.
- Complete the AQC application. Start Below!
AQC New Member Application Fee: $345 (non-refundable)
Additional Branches Locations: $75 per branch (non-refundable)
NOTE: The application fee is non-refundable.
Once you create an account and log-in, click the "start here" button. You will then complete the company information and payment. Be sure to select "new applicant" from the dropdown menu when asked for your application type. Once you provide the initial company information and select “Checkout”. Note that payment must be made via credit card. Once payment is complete, you will have access to the full AQC application.
No applications will be accepted after Monday, October 23, 2023. If you have any questions, email email@example.com.